- UK Pods Ltd’s UK operation continues to remain open for business.
- Deliveries of new equipment remain fully operational in the UK and overseas, and we are responding to all telephone calls and emails from new and existing clients.
- On-site servicing and maintenance of equipment has been suspended until the end of April 2020 for the safety of our colleagues, customers and the communities in which we operate. This will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
- All UK and international training from UK Pods Ltd is postponed until further notice.
- We continue to monitor the situation closely and take advice from UK Government briefings during what is an ever evolving global picture.
- Further updates will be available here as and when any new changes come into effect.
UK Pods Ltd’s UK operation continues to remain open for business amidst the ongoing Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
We are taking the potential threat from the pandemic seriously and continue to follow the advice of the UK Government, at the same time as maintaining our commitment to our customers and upholding our business operation as best we can.
There is currently no change to our normal opening hours and no reduction in our production capacity.
Our number one priority, as always, is the safety of our colleagues, customers and the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to doing everything as safely as possible whilst maintaining operational continuity and minimising any potential service or supply disruptions to our customers.
As such, whilst deliveries of new equipment in the UK and overseas continue at the present time, all servicing of equipment is currently suspended up until the end of April, pending weekly reviews of the situation.
All UK and international training from UK Pods Ltd is also suspended until further notice.
Consistent with World Health Organisation (WHO) and UK Government guidance, we are minimising our own travel and restricting visitors to our UK Pods sites and we also expect any business critical visitors who have been to an impacted area not to attend any of our facilities within 14 days of returning.
Where possible, we will use calls or video conferencing instead of face-to-face contact.
Wherever possible, we will let our customers and suppliers know if one of or colleagues who has been in recent direct contact with their employees is confirmed as having coronavirus. Similarly, we would ask our customers or suppliers that if they have an employee who has recently been in direct contact with a member of staff at UK Pods Ltd and is then confirmed with having coronavirus, that wherever possible, they inform a UK Pods representative immediately.
We have robust contingency plans in place during this pandemic, which involve the careful monitoring and implementation of WHO and UK Government guidance on everything from personal hygiene to travel and business meetings.
Please keep checking our website for further updates.